permaculture - Re: [permaculture] defining permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] defining permaculture
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 02:07:15 -0400

Tommy Tolson wrote:

This post furnishes lots of traction for pondering Permaculture politics.
You didn't move to the forest expecting to feed yourself, did you? I'm asking, not saying you did. If you did, though, Bill Mollison calls that a type-one error. The land doesn't belong to you. You belong to the land.

Permaculture calls us to join nature in creating life support systems, not to continue our illusion of dominion over nature.

Well said. Regular walkabouts on the land (windowsill to 1000 acres) one
inhabits
are good things. Spending much time contemplating and observing what goes on
there
before designing and implementing projects is very worthwhile.

LL

if the sig at the bottom of this message is too much text for anyone let me
know
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm