permaculture - [permaculture] defining permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charles de Matas" <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] defining permaculture
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:08:15 +0000

Yes, that's it, great interview, Scott. Some of the statements made by Mollison were quite astonishing. I am a fan of the Nearings, but I think that permaculture offers ways of doing things that are much less labour intensive. The Nearings also kept part of their property from growing back into tree cover by using the scythe.
The situation for me here in the tropics is different - not too many trees, but too few on my land. I'm hoping I can find a way to restore the trees cover, which is being lost to fires every year.
Thanks again for the Mollison interview.

Charles.