permaculture - Re: [permaculture] defining permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Cereghino <paul.cereghino@comcast.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] defining permaculture
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:36:35 -0700

At that point everyone
else will also be seeking animal power
I have been getting to know my neighborhood horse people... first for their manure, but recently I had a strong feeling of recognition that their skills are a dying art and that "they" generically speaking often have a respect for the creatures they live with which transfers to other powerful spirits. I have however seen some brutal grazing density.

Someone is going to be growing the food and medicines, why can't we be
part of that?

I think specialization is a natural part of a community. Many folks get wrapped up in self-stuff to the expense of interdependence.

Maybe it was a type one error to move here.

proofs in the pudding. Doesn't sound like the 'type one' error concept applies clearly to this situation. Land already cleared... horses serve potential function with minimal impact if properly stocked -- watch out for density-Dependant impacts, protect water courses. To me landscape position error has not been adequately assessed to cast judgment. Premature judgment suggests pain/grief/anger.

~paul cereghino