permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Shit

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Vlaun <scott@moosepondarts.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Shit
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:03:58 -0400

Jenny,

My understanding is that once the pile cools, like it is now, that it is essentially in an anaerobic state. I could be mistaken on this point, but at any rate it is not currently generating any heat. According to Jenkins, (if my memory serves me), a cold humanure pile need two years to be safe to use.

Scott Vlaun
Moose Pond Arts+Ecology
Design Solutions for a Sustainable Future

450 Main St. Studio 2
Norway, Maine 04270
207-739-2409 Studio
207-890-4099 Cell