permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Design-Bioregional-Energy Policy-Measuring our consuption and moving forward with a policy that can work.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kenneth Benway" <ken@arcadiandesign.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Design-Bioregional-Energy Policy-Measuring our consuption and moving forward with a policy that can work.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 05:27:54 -0400

Micheal,
While I agree that these numbers need to be calculated, we must look at
all forms of energy consumed in any specific bioregion, and they are
numerous, most of it wasted. Some of the energy wasted is apparent when
we look at all the Government organizations, as well as NGO's that are
all going off in different directions or duplicating our efforts in
numerous ways.

A bioregional level, permaculture design taskforce is the most
effective way I can think of to bring all these fragmented, invisible
structure components, into focus, producing a cohesive intentionality to
get the job done. Politics anyone? Oh, sorry I forgot, that's not
permaculture.
Ken