permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture spirituality - ZONES subthread

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Cereghino <paul.cereghino@comcast.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture spirituality - ZONES subthread
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:29:32 -0800

I particularly like this concept... I was studying japanese stonework back when and found a phrase that describes stepping stones as a "coreography in the garden" By changing the spacing you affect pace and the feelings of the walker. This idea that you lead someone through the garden... this 'purposeful walks' idea is intriguing... and satisfies my aesthetic design interests.

Has anyone applied it consciously.
~Paul

Zone 2:
Multi-purpose walks: collect eggs, milk, distribute scraps
Cut animal forage