permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture spirituality

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Graham <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture spirituality
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 00:12:46 +0000

Further development of the Zones concept have the house or the home
centre as 'Zone Zero', and the person at the very heart of any design,
ie, you or me, as 'Zone zero zero'. Not sure how internationally
accepted the 'Zone 00' concept is, but here in the UK its become a
pretty standard concept that is at least touched upon in the design
courses over here, and hopefully good attention to 'peoplecare' informs
any permacultural activity. I like 'Zone 00' as it asks us to consider
the 'ecology of the self', focus on personal development and
conciousness raising, ie, developing self-care strategies to ensure good
health and wellbeing, avoid stress and burn out, etc... Here's a little
pamphlet I've produced with my own thoughts on the subject;
http://www.spiralseed.co.uk/ecoself/

--
Graham Burnett

Integrated Design for Local Environmental Resources

www.spiralseed.co.uk