permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Alley cropping with apples in China

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Cereghino <paul.cereghino@comcast.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Alley cropping with apples in China
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:35:20 -0800

a combination of rootedness and cheap labor?
~Paul

why aren't we doing farming like that here in North American?

Those carefully tended terraced plantings and daylilly fields rolling over the mountains. You can tell, those folks really care about their countryside and their farming. They eat the daylillies, the unopened blooms or pods.

Is anyone else as amazed as I at Chinese traditional agriculture? Then
there's TCM too.