permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fruit tree guilds- figs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fruit tree guilds- figs
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:26:36 -0400

Try giving it some rock phosphate or bone meal. Make sure its getting enough water. You should, depending on variety, get an early and late crop. I'm used to getting fruit on first year cuttings.

maria morehead wrote:
What about fig trees? Ours never produced larger than thumb-tip sized green
fruit this year and it has been HOT (for us in Seattle 90-95 degrees)...
I've got comfrey planted under it which is doing pretty well considering how
late I buried the roots....

Any ideas on why the fruit didn't produce this year? Is it cyclical?

thanks!
Maria

--
Keith Johnson