permaculture - [permaculture] small scale aquaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] small scale aquaculture
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:04:35 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some good information on small ponds. I would like to make
several ponds for different purposes; small acale fish production, plant
production, and a nice place for ducks or geese to hang out. When I say
small, I mean it: home sized - anything from 1 to 10 meter diameter sized
ponds. I don't want to setup a pump or filter kind of system and a lot of
pond information seems to be oriented towards buying lots of equipment and
growing toi. I am looking for more sustainable and useful applications.

The pond(s) will be fed by roof runoof, surrounding slopes, and/or
greywater.

Books, articles, links... all would be appreciated. I heard about a book
along these lines from experiences in the Philippines titled something like
'Growing Fish in The Mountiaans', but I've never been able to find it.

Sincerely,

Marjory