permaculture - Re: [permaculture] small scale aquaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] small scale aquaculture
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:15:29 -0400

This might be the book you need. The paypal buttons below "should" enable you to purchase it from us (if not go to the website: http://www.permacultureactivist.net/booksvid/ag%20ecology.htm). The varying prices reflect difference in postage for various regions.
Keith

Small-Scale Aquaculture

by Steven D. Van Gorder Alternative Aquaculture Association, Inc.; 2000, 190pp, $24.00

Learn how to culture delicious, nutritious fish in your backyard, farm pond, spring or greenhouse. This practical how-to book contains exclusive results of eight years of intensive Aquaculture research performed at The Rodale Institute. Using some basic biological concepts and innovative engineering techniques, we'll show you how small-scale fish culture can be both economical and technologically feasible for use in your backyard, basement or greenhouse.

US $26.50 Canada $27.60 Elsewhere $30.00

Forest Garden wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some good information on small ponds. I would like to make
several ponds for different purposes; small acale fish production, plant
production, and a nice place for ducks or geese to hang out. When I say
small, I mean it: home sized - anything from 1 to 10 meter diameter sized
ponds. I don't want to setup a pump or filter kind of system and a lot of
pond information seems to be oriented towards buying lots of equipment and
growing koi. I am looking for more sustainable and useful applications.

The pond(s) will be fed by roof runoof, surrounding slopes, and/or
greywater.

Books, articles, links... all would be appreciated. I heard about a book
along these lines from experiences in the Philippines titled something like
'Growing Fish in The Mountiaans', but I've never been able to find it.

Sincerely,

Marjory

--
Keith Johnson