permaculture - Re: [permaculture] small scale aquaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] small scale aquaculture
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:51:52 -0700

You also might look into aquaponics, which combines aquaculture with food
growing--using the nutrient rich water from a fish pond to feed plants,
which in turn remove enough fish poop from the water for it to be recycled
back into the pond. Very nice; the plants grow incredibly fast. One link
among many is to a great guy in Oz who's done some nice homebrew systems and
has a book and DVD that makes it all very clear.

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/

But googling "aquaponics" will generate a wealth of info, too.

Toby
www.patternliteracy.com