permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Global Food Supply Near the Breaking Point

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sustain_ability@123mail.org
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Global Food Supply Near the Breaking Point
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 15:44:53 -0400

The demand for oil has risen constantly, and shortages (either real or
artificial) occurred following the New Orleans flooding, Nigerian riots
and military action, etc. (The tripling of the world price for light
sweet crude in less than 18 months indicates a shortage of oil priced at
previous levels (approx. US $23).)

Historically, gasoline has been subsidized as the energy carrier and
storage medium of choice for several reasons. Now, the "addiction" is
being used as a political platform by policy-starved politicians instead
of promoting meaningful R&D in alternative energy paradigms.

If anybody on this list is currently planning an alternative paradigm,
please indicate where or how I can contact you. I am in search of a plan
to utilize an extremely rock-laden piece of property in a cold climate.
I have some ideas but would like to discuss them with experienced
persons.

George