permaculture - Re: [permaculture] HUGE attachment + Solutions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: john@eco-living.net, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] HUGE attachment + Solutions
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:02:33 -0500

John Schinnerer wrote:

Aloha,

Niels Corfield wrote:

No sorry.
No url for this file.

OK, pardon me, I assumed you downloaded it from somewhere and then posted it as an attachment instead of just giving us the link to where you downloaded it from.

> Don't know what could be done in the future.
> But I don't have a FTP.
> ANyone on the list have an FTP for temporary uploads?

Lawrence (London) set up an upload/download space some time ago, where stuff like this can be put and then a link given for others to download it if they want.

LL, can you point us all to that space and tell us how it works again?

thanks,
John S.

He can email attach it to me at lfl@intrex.net and I'll put it in one of my
permaculture pages on ibiblio.
The pc wiki I had is no longer useful because of hackers/spammers. I am
hoping to set another one up
partly for just the current reason we need an ul/dl webspace. I was working
on a pc blog on blogger but haven't
got it up and running yet. For now there is the permaculture frappr where he can easily upload his file. I will try to enhance that resource within the limits of what is offered but I expect a blog and a wiki would be the best solution for archiving text-based material in addition to graphics.
Post it to one of the forums here:
http://www.frappr.com/permaculture

I just tested the PC Frappr for text file uploads to one of the forums; fairly big file and it displayed with perfect formatting. Niels will have to create a Frappr account for himself to upload files. When he does post a message on a new topic he needs to ignore the username input box and just fill out the subject line and cut and paste his document into the message body. If he puts in his real username it will say "that username is already taken" and he will have to enter his email id. Just leave it blank and it automatically posts message from his username & not email id. He will have to login with email id and password before doing this, of course. Frappr looks like it will be a useful resource particularly from the standpoint of the forum being able to accept graphics uploads and text message input securely.
So far this is spam free.

Or he can send it as a single or multiple text message to the list so it will
go into the archives, not possible if it
is an attachment which would be scrubbed.

LL