permaculture - Re: [permaculture] wood burning stoves

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: neshura <neshura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] wood burning stoves
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:58:38 -0500

It's not the CO2 that plagues the wood-based heating route, it's
everything else -- particulates and gases from incomplete combustion,
tars and carcinogens from DIY charcoal production, etc. -- summed
across the home heating requirements of 6 billion people.

Burning a tree is carbon neutral as long as you replace it with another.

It's one of those things where wood burning is great as long as hardly
anyone is doing it.