permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Groundnut, apios americana

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Groundnut, apios americana
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:16:39 -0500

In my personal experience Northern New Hampshire (north of the White Mountains) and, I suspect, further north. It's been said that if not for the Andean potatoes, we'd all be eating improved varieties of ground nut. Hector Black who started Hidden Springs Nursery trialed many of them at one time and may carry some.

Keith (NC)

sustain_ability@123mail.org wrote:

How far north does it grow?
George (Canada)

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:31:45 -0500, "Keith Johnson"