permaculture - Re: [permaculture] pellet stoves

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lisa Rollens" <rollens@fidnet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] pellet stoves
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:34:00 -0600

If you are talking about that non-electric fan that Real Goods sells that
sits on top of the stove that turn from rising heat....those things ended up
at the Gaiam/Real Goods outlet outside of Cincinnati, Ohio, (for half price)
and I asked why. I was told that people didn't think they worked very well.

I have a Fisher wood stove and a Fisher fireplace insert. They are both
excellent, and both have coals the next morning. They can be airtight, but
I always leave them open a little so the wood doesn't just smolder and smoke
(and create a bunch of pollution). They both also have flat surfaces on top
for cooking. And both take 22-24" wood.

Lisa, in the MO Ozarks, USA