permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 37, Issue 16

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 37, Issue 16
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:03:00 -0800 (PST)

Wood furnaces that are located outside of the building can do this. Mother
Earth News (MEN) regularly carry ads for these. In my inquiries it has come
to my attention that a wood furnace with a cylindrical burning chamber may be
better than those that have right angles. The cylindrical ones provide more
even dispersion of the heat of the fire and this results in less wear on the
chamber. I am not sure but I think one of the manufacturers of a wood
furnace with a cylindrical burning chamber is Central Furnace. They have
advertised in the MEN. These types of stoves can also be used to heat water
and to drive radiant floor heating systems. If you want to verify the name
of the company that makes the cylindrical type stove, reply to me and I will
research it.

Message: 1