permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Where do I pick up my Orchard Kits

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where do I pick up my Orchard Kits
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:13:37 -0600

Hi Greg,

I tried to find your email address to reply to you off-list so I apologize
to anyone not interested. I am a small community organizer out here in Red
Rock Texas (about 35 miles SE of Austin). I am working to transition our
community to more local food production, locally made goods and serivces,
local economy, focus on sustainability,.etc. As a part of that, we offer
free talks on all sort s of permaculture related topics. We organize
gardening classes, a permaculture course, olive growing, rain water
harvesting workshops, ect. etc. And I am guessing our orchard kit program
is similar to yours. We distributed 400 trees this year (and 400 fruit
bushes too). Next year we think we will distribute over 1000 trees.

We are simply trying to get a community ready for the inevitable... and its
a lot oif fun too.

Looks like you are doing some awesome work over there too.

Cheers,

Marjory