permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 36, Issue 54

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 36, Issue 54
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:38:10 -0800 (PST)

--- Shane Perry <rymnel@gmail.com> wrote:
> And the truth is, you should include your last
> statement as also unrealistic. True as it may
> be, fighting consumerism is a losing battle.
> People are too selfish.

This is my chosen strategy:

http://readishmael.com/whyreadish.html

"Get a job, make some money, work till you're sixty,
then move to Florida and die"

No matter how much fun they seem to have at the
moment, or proclaim to you, the fact is that we are
all scared. Whether we choose to live in the present
and ignore the future, or if we constantly panic about
our future and loose the moment, it won't be over
looked if a group of families suddenly seem like they
never work like everyone else. If we can make it look
like just as much fun, they may get jealous, or want
to emulate.

-Sean.