permaculture - Re: [permaculture] What does it take to set up an Urban PC group?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] What does it take to set up an Urban PC group?
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:56:00 +1100

Hi Antonio
When I moved to Sydney in 1984 there was nothing much happening pc-wise. I
did a lot of networking, giving talks to different organisations and
community groups and offered introductory short talks and 1-day workshops
and also had a stall at one of the weekly markets selling pc books,
promoting pc generally and the workshops. After a year I'd generated enough
interest to conduct a PDC. I also found a few other permies and got them
together to form an association and things moved on from there. I found the
education (workshops, short courses & PDC's) the most effective way to build
up numbers. Every city is different and of course back in the 1980's there
was no internet etc so communication possibilities were quite different.

I'd suggest you see what related organisations and publications there are in
Spain including web sites and forums, and see if you can get articles
published, get your contact details into free directory listings etc and
these are all things you can do from home. Great that you're translating pc
info into Spanish - small booklets are cheap and easy to self publish with
photocopying and can be sold at a low price making them attractive to people
who want to get started.

All the best

Regards
Robyn