permaculture - [permaculture] What does it take to set up an Urban PC group?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sinergyinaction@netscape.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] What does it take to set up an Urban PC group?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:40:59 -0500

That's the dilemma!
I'd like to see if doing this is viable in the city where I live (Barcelona,
Spain)
My first aim is getting in touch with people that have already had some
exposure to
permaculture concepts and if lucky enough I might even meet people that have
a PDC
on their shoulders. I would leave the group open to anybody simpathetic even
if they are not initially specifically trained in PC, diversity of
backgrounds will be a very useful resource to have anyway
but I'd hope to gather interest especially form the permies around (not very
many I'm afraid), so at least we have a basic philosophy to share, to start
with.
I feel starting up and getting people interested is probably the first
critical point then how to get internally organized etc.
Deciding where to focus our efforts will be be probably our next
concern...there are so many problems that could be turned into solutions in a
big city ...

Has anyone any ideas or experiencies to share about the process they used or
wanted to use?
What went right what wrong.
All the best
Antonio