permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Email addresses being put on web - SHOULD BEFIXED

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ken Heronheart <heronheart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Email addresses being put on web - SHOULD BEFIXED
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:39:22 -0600

On 11/26/05, Loren Davidson <listmail@lorendavidson.com> wrote:

> Spam filters, for most of us, only help *after* the spam
> has been downloaded to the client, which still eats up the client's
> bandwidth. And no filter is perfect - most either let some spam
> through or toss stuff you'd rather keep.

One partial solution is to use a Gmail address for list mail. The spam
filters at Gmail are pretty good and since it's web-based it avoids the
problem of downloading the spam. If anybody would like an account, I have
100 invitations to give out.
--
- Ken -
Selling fine handmade masks and paper sculptures at <url: