permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Hidden Hand

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Martin Naylor <martinwnaylor@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Hidden Hand
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:27:26 +1000 (EST)

one way to get the planet together would be to get all the groups who know
what'-s going on and select a group to form a super group, with money suplied
from the original groups like green peace wilderness permaculture the lists
goes on till about 90% of the people on the planet are represented, with a
group who has a lot of money to act with wisdom, this idea was originaly in
grist

souscayrous <souscayrous@tiscali.fr> wrote:
Hello everyone, why is this hand hidden? There is nothing hidden about the
fertility of earth except the human practices that reduce fertility; it is
only when we regard the infertile world we have made that we begin to
question whether the earth can provide. The earth can support not only the
current human population but current non-human life too, providing we allow
it to provide.

We might also wonder at the use of the term 'surplus', to whom is this
'surplus' surplus? It has been written that even the loss of a single straw
can allow an agriculture to go awry.

We have created myriad worlds with which to disguise earth; God, gods,
money, science, Progress, metaphysics, even words. We are permaculturalists
or respond to Permaculture because we recognise the problems that we have
created, what we have still to realise is that no new knowledge or no new
'hidden hand' is going to save the earth for us. What are we going to learn
from new moon shots? What are we going to learn from bioengineering? A few
of us might very well learn to extend our lives beyond 100 years (while the
average age of mortality continues to fall), but what is it exactly we need
this extended life for?

We are the species that invented knowing and our knowledge allows us to
believe the universe is centred upon us. But there have been ages without
humanity and there will be ages again without us, how then will our vaunted
knowledge look?

Jamie
Souscayrous