permaculture - Re: [permaculture] anyone else want to host this list?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] anyone else want to host this list?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:13:23 -0500

Loren Davidson wrote:

At 08:44 PM 3/6/05 -1000, Michael Kramer wrote:

Alrighty them, it seems we've regressed back to third grade again on this list, how lovely; it seems to happen every few months, just when one might
hope otherwise. When we're trying to have a conversation and people resort to judgmental name-calling,

Oh...like calling people "third graders?" Fascinating.

But when it comes from the host of the list, you know we're in serious trouble.

I don't agree with everything Lawrence said...but he *is* human. AFAIK he ain't getting paid for hosting this stuff, and I'm willing to begrudge him the right to react and respond and fart and scratch just like other human beings.

I vote for a new administrator of this list or, would anyone else like to
start another international permaculture list where people with open minds
can exchange ideas without being chastised?

I didn't realize it was up for a vote. Mailing lists aren't democracies.

Remember the Pc principle of "the problem is the solution?" Rather than complaining about an unfulfilled need, get off your fundament and *fill* it. It's not up to anyone else to make you happy and fulfilled.

If you believe that you are the flame, then your dinner is already cooked. :)

And remember, the "delete" key and "unsubscribe" options are your friends.

This one is unsafe at any speed.

Especially when people forget or ignore basic Netiquette and leave the ENTIRE DAMN DIGEST in their reply. Talk about pollution!

Michael, have you considered taking the day off and going out to the beach? It might help nurture your aloha spirit a bit. You're acting like that which you criticize, which doesn't seem to help the situation at all.
Respectfully,
Loren

--
Keith Johnson