permaculture - Re: [permaculture] natural water softening

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa MacIver <lisamaciver8@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] natural water softening
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:54:06 -0800 (PST)

Besides sodium chloride, one can soften with potassium chloride - still
contains chloride, but it's not so harmful to houseplants. You might
look up solar distillation; seems I've seen really simple systems,
although I'm not sure of the volume of water you'd get (and if you
can't collect rainwater, this may not work either).

Lisa in Ashland Oregon