permaculture - Re: [permaculture] natural water softening

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Deborah" <dtv13@verizon.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] natural water softening
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:46:44 -0600

I haven't tried this so can't validate it, but vinegar softens water. I use
the plain white vinegar in the rinse cycle of my laundry. I've also used it
to keep mineral build-up off my plumbing fixtures in an area with very hard
water.
If I were going to try this I'd put the vinegar in and let it sit for a day
or two. Perhaps even in the sun.
Let us know how it works if you decide to try it.
Deborah