permaculture - [permaculture] Linux software

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Linux software
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:45:16 -0500

I know this is off topic so please reply off list.

I was just looking at Linux software at E Bay and, having never used it before, I had no idea where to start. Can someone using this OS please confer with me to consider the merits and acquisition options available to me. Current OS is Win XP which has been working great. Is another OS going to require a major learning curve and a huge amount of time reloading all my software?

Thanks,
--

Keith Johnson
Permaculture Activist Magazine