permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Linux software

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Linux software
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:32:52 +0000

One alternitive that suits me is cygwin. This basically gives me a linux command line but runs under MS Windows. The command line lets me run most of my favorite linux tools, is much more powerful than a windows command line, yet I can still run MS Windows programs at the same time.
Good if you want to do lots of programming tasks or want to run specific Unix/linux programs. Not so good if you want to have a lixux desktop. Very easy to install.

Rich