permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Linux software

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Linux software
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:33:32 -0800 (PST)

This quick clip drives the point home. http://www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/
It even
features a variety of goats and a variety of wolves.

I work with gobs of operating systems all the time. I have spent loads of
time with
linux/unix and loads of tims with microsoft operating systems. Plus a bunch
you have
probably never heard of. And I never took the time to become a power user of
any of
them. I knew enough from each to get my job done.

I think that if you are surrounded by people willing to take the time to help
you with
linux, it can be a nice change. Outside of that, you have already given your
money to
the evil empire for windows, you had might as well use it.

In the clip above, pay attention to that little part that starts with "config
it" and
ends with "once or twice".

Linux is excellent. In the hands of those who know how to make it sing.