permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Linux software

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: steve stuffit <steve@stuffit.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Linux software
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:59:58 +0000

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:45:16 -0500
Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I know this is off topic so please reply off list.
>
> I was just looking at Linux software at E Bay and, having never used it
> before, I had no idea where to start.

It kind of is on topic in a way, linux is a great OS for older computers and
fits in with the reuse/recycle ethos, and the whole way it's built,
collaboratively and openly, is very much perma stylee.

I really recommend that you go take a look at http://www.blagblagblag.org ,
it has free downloads of their version of linux. Its built by some activists
based in london, comes with tonnes and software and has a very helpful and
friendly forum if you have any probs

steve