permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Can language be recycled?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "Permaculture List" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Can language be recycled?
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:18:32 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> ...as we develop this new network, i find myself wondering
> where it can go. for example, two other human needs that are pretty
fundamental are clothing and energy.

Shelter comes to mind...which ultimately leads to land, since shelter has
to be built on some land somewhere (unless one lives on a boat, I
suppose...).

Land trusts are one method, within existing systems, to create
alternatives to land as speculative commodity. There are some good
resources at the NICA resources page:

http://www.ic.org/nica/resource.htm

Can't remember which folders the land trust stuff is in, but it's there
somewhere...

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing