permaculture - [permaculture] To kill a discourse, ignore language, misquote and slander

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "robscott@freeshell.org" <robscott@freeshell.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] To kill a discourse, ignore language, misquote and slander
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:57:03 +0000 (UTC)

Damn it John Shinnerer, you killed this thread I was trying so hard to
start about contradiction, language, and socio-economic system design in
Permaculture: you responded to every email I submitted, and dismissed my
terms.

I specifically stated how I use the terms capitalism and democracy on July
17th, in an email entitled "Democracy and Capitalism are in
Contradiction." Within a week you sent multiple slander emails dismissing
my points and most recently asking whether I use "capitalism" and
"democracy" as equivalents --- the title of my initial email was
"Democracy and Capitalism are in Contadiction" !

> Do you mean
> "capitalism" when used as an equivalent word for "democracy," or
> "capitalism" as defined by Marx, or "capitalism" as defined by George II
> (King or President, take your pick... ;-)?

I said "I use the word ____" multiple times in my emails to avoid this,
but you went ahead and wrote as though Miriam Webster's etymology knows
what I mean when I use the word "defend" in reference in an email
discourse.

So I'm not being "defensive" John, fine. I'm sure Webster would be happy.
I'll go back to being a lurker now and let you use the significance of the
dictionary to silence me. I guess that point about contradictions and
perticipation wasn't so unimportant.

Rob