permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Democracy and Capitalism are in contradiction

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Democracy and Capitalism are in contradiction
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:40:38 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

>>I use the term "democracy" to refer to a social system in which the
>>participants as a whole determine how the system operates.
>>I use the term "capitalism" to refer to an economic system in which the
>>owners of capital determine how the system operates.

> isn't capitalism the economic system with an emphasis on creating
> surplus value and when this surplus value is sold the benefits go to the
> "owners" of the operation rather than the producers of the value (the
> workers.)

Not sure I see the difference here... :-/ Doesn't matter what it's
called. Actions talk, BS political buzzwords walk. The Chinese dictators
(among many others) call their system a "People's Republic"...

Meanwhile, a few relatively brief and explanatory discourses on systems of
politics and commerce:

Politics:
http://members.fortunecity.com/alberteinstein/e=mc2/laughs/politics_defined.htm

Systems of government: