permaculture - [permaculture] Contradictions in Language

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: robscott@sdf.lonestar.org
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Contradictions in Language
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:07:47 +0000 (UTC)

Paul,

The point is that they are in contradiction.
Democracy plus Capitalism equals contradiction, that's what I'm saying.

The contradiction diction:
when the language speaks contradictions without the speakers' consent.
The language enlists its speakers as apologists : they describe the
contradiction as an error, a mere conflict, a glitch in the system...
oops, capitalism and democracy are tough to reconcile, sorry about that...

Contradictions are not a mistake. Contradictions are part of the program.
They're an intention. To deny a contradiction is to play into its power.

Rob