permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gettin' the lead out

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gettin' the lead out
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:34:47 -0700

> From: ERDA Institute <erda@nor.com.au>

> This is a common comment which in Australia has no relevance - lead based
> newsprint ink was outlawed in Australia in the 1070's, only carbon-based ink
> is now used which presents no toxicity problem.

Robyn; My posting was based on "the "common comment" aspect, which comment
has no relevance anywhere I know of; it's not that the ink was lead *based*
(as white ink may have been then) but that *type* was made of lead once upon
a time. But Scott Pittman made the point that soy based, carbon pigmented
ink is certainly containing GMO's! So I can't use my organic gardening
newsletter to mulch my organic garden! Life is too funny.

-Rick