permaculture - [permaculture] Multipurpose sorghum

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Gaden@ziplip.com" <Gaden@ziplip.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Multipurpose sorghum
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:06:30 -0700 (PDT)

Ref: Kirby Fry "We used a sorghum once that grew 7' tall and was so thick you
couldn't see three or four feet into it. It was fantastic but looked pretty
strange when it turned brown and started falling over."

I've seen some wonderful and complex annual maze (labyrinth) designs created
from crops like Sorghum. Not sure if the design work was imprinted on the
field before planting or when the crop began to grow. Visitors paid to walk
the maze. Then once the crop was mature, it was duely processed and the field
ploughed over.

  • [permaculture] Multipurpose sorghum, Gaden@ziplip.com, 06/14/2003