permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gettin' the lead out

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ERDA Institute <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gettin' the lead out
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 09:06:58 +1000

on 13/6/03 3:12 PM, Claude Genest at genest@together.net wrote:

> I've had a criticism of sheet mulching, to whit, newspaper is full of lead

This is a common comment which in Australia has no relevance - lead based
newsprint ink was outlawed in Australia in the 1070's, only carbon-based ink
is now used which presents no toxicity problem. I would recommend doing some
research to find out what kind of ink is used/permitted locally (nationally)
for newsprint before addressing this issue.
Robyn