permaculture - Re: [permaculture] regional diets

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: robert waldrop <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] regional diets
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:54:17 -0500

One thing that will happen is that many people will 'go home'. One
reason California and other urban areas are so overpopulated is because
so many people have moved from Bug Tussle, Burns Flat, and Poteau and
now live in Hollywood, San Francisco, and Seattle. My home county in
southwest Oklahoma used to have 30,000+ people in it before WW II, now
it has less than 10,000, but as we move to a more sustainable way of
living, its population may well increase again, at the expense of urban
areas. Instead of urbanization, we will have ruralization.

Robert Waldrop, OKC