permaculture - [permaculture] PCPlantDB mailing lists, lists for the online permaculture plant database project & other little-used lists - should we keep them?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] PCPlantDB mailing lists, lists for the online permaculture plant database project & other little-used lists - should we keep them?
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:49:36 -0700

PCPlantDB mailing lists, lists for the online permaculture plant database
project - should we keep them?
-

I hate to say use them or lose them but do we need to revive this project?
will it go anywhere?
will the Open Permaculture Project's Permaculture Wiki replace this project?

I hate to keep lists around if they aren't being used. Can we arrive at a
consensus about this?

I can, of course just leave them where they are in case they are needed at
some future time.

The list names are:
ppcplantdb
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/pcplantdb
pcplantdb-data
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/pcplantdb-data
pcplantdb-tech
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/pcplantdb-tech

also:

pc-cam Permaculture In Cameroon
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/pc-cam
pc-europe Permaculture in Europe, Great Britain and Scandinavia -
multilingual
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/pc-europe

Are these being used and if not do we need to keep them?

I am starting a new one called organic-gardening for those interested:
organic-gardening@lists.ibiblio.org

and there's still seedsavers, which I plan to keep:
seedsavers@lists.ibiblio.org