permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: PC Design Charette Call Up

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ncatark.uark.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: PC Design Charette Call Up
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:57:14 -0500

Good ideas about implementing things and then watching how
they work, Larry.

The design charette was suggested to Frank because it
is simple, a weekend get together that allows talking
and walking and sketching. Something like that can be done
with 6 or 12 or 20 people. The cost will be nominal, probably
travel reimbursemen for Pc teachers.

A Pc Design Course takes advance planning, arrangements,
organization, and planning. It requires minimal facilities of
showers, toilets, kitchen, and dining and that is based on
everybody staying in tents, so weather also plays a major factor.
It has the potential to lose thousands and thousands of dollar
if it fails. Frank has no essential facilities to support dozens
of people for two weeks, nor the money or skill to organize
a successfull Pc Design Course.

I am putting a lot of focus on the weekend concept for Frank
because it seems very practical. My position is that Pc is not
too difficult with one or two teachers to guide you in the right
direction.

A summary for Frank: rotational grazing, watershed
management, woodlot management, soil management,
understory agroforestry crops. That's enough to keep
him busy.

Regards,
Steve Diver