permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PCPlantDB mailing lists,

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PCPlantDB mailing lists,
  • Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 02:36:58 -0700

John Schinnerer wrote:

will the Open Permaculture Project's Permaculture Wiki replace this
project?

I don't consider a wiki capable (or appropriate) for a 'serious' plant
database - that's just not what wikis do.

Certainly it is, John. You are truly mistaken contending that a Wiki cannot
allow development and deployment of a serious permaculture plant database.
Have you looked at Wiki's? We have talked about creating a PHP/MySQL
PC Plant DB where the SQL back end would be (might be) integrated into the
PHPWiki PC Wiki. I think this may be possible. If it isn't then the Wiki can
host a
simple flat file PC Plant DB using lots of interlinked wiki pages. We've
already
started on this. Maybe you'd like to contribute.

IMO you can ditch the PCPlantDB lists - can always get new ones if
interest revives.

I am keeping the pcplantdb list permanently since we can use this for
any db we choose to develop, not just a relational one.

The pc-europe, pcplantdb-data and pcplantdb-tech have been removed.

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net