permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PCPlantDB mailing lists,

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PCPlantDB mailing lists,
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:10:44 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

--- "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net> wrote:
> I hate to say use them or lose them but do we need to revive this
> project? will it go anywhere?

There seem to be enough disparate plant DB projects and existing plant
DBs already, PFAF being a sterling example. I'd be more interested in
integration/enhancement opportunities for what's already out there than
trying to roll yet another DB, at this point. Unless, that is, we were
to make a 'serious' open source development project out of it, spread
the word widely in hopes of getting a larger community involved and
collecting various scattered individual/small group and/or
private/proprietary efforts into one container.

> will the Open Permaculture Project's Permaculture Wiki replace this
> project?

I don't consider a wiki capable (or appropriate) for a 'serious' plant
database - that's just not what wikis do.

IMO you can ditch the PCPlantDB lists - can always get new ones if
interest revives.

=====
John Schinnerer, MA