permaculture - [permaculture] monkey people

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] monkey people
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:31:03 -0500

At 01:57 PM 9/3/02 -0700, you wrote:
First of all I am wondering who the monkey people are?? This has come up several times in the past. The phrase is wrought with prejudice of some sort, but it's going right over my head.

Sorry, it's all of us, humanity in general strike me as those cartoon monkeys tearing this way and that with little thought to the outcome. Actually it's probably most offensive to actual monkeys. I'll avoid using the expression in the future...

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison
608-262-1730 WK