permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: Pemaculture garden design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: Pemaculture garden design
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:31:17 -0700

I like this;
BUT- I think there's an implied emphasis on *drawing* which needs the
uncommon ability to go between 3-D conceptualization and 2-D representation.
How do the rest of y'all out there in cyberland handle this?

the common result, I feel, is the typical Pc design which has no, or little,
indication of topography. I remember Bill saying (loudly!) "there's no such
thing as flat land!"

And, I'd put in here, between 7 & 8, per Yeoman's "orders of permanence in
the landscape", roads (traffic patterns) and forest (large
trees/shelterbelt) As Yeoman's points out, you can move an existing building
easier than change an existing road.

-Rick