permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: Pemaculture garden design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: Pemaculture garden design
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:40:11 -0700

Frank & Andre;
I sympathize with your wants. Nonetheless, to quote Pc amigo Mike Crowfoot
(if I got it right) "not only are ecologies more complex than we imagine,
they are more complex than we can imagine"
I am happy to give a free list of "next steps" to anyone who sends me a
report not limited to their goals, a topo of their land, a map of the
buildings and road/path patterns, a description of the local ecology and
geology, including local and regional and personnal history & prehistory &
anthropology, down to details like species lists, diet & cuisine of the
resident humans, and dip and strike.
My next steps would most likely include things such as a book list and a
list of things to do "on the land", maybe other people to seek out.

The archetype of what you are asking for is the "Mollison's Herb Spiral"
which has been discussed to death on this list and others. If you have not
been in on any of these discussions, it could be useful to check out an
archive.

Another way to put it is, I hear you asking for ideas; this is good. But
philosophically, what are you prepared to hear? I have had people hear the
least bit and have the dawn break and they hit the ground running. Others
spend two weeks in a PDC and haven't a clue afterwards. I don't imagine the
latter are stupid or the former necessarily geniuses.

Frank, I know you've asked for input in the past. Can you share some of what
you've found and tried in the meantime?

All the best,
-Rick