permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: Pemaculture garden design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: Pemaculture garden design
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:03:30 EDT

Good day:)

In a message dated 6/8/02 6:57:11 AM, grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

<< I have been trying to source some examples of layouts for a permaculture

> vegetable garden but have had no luck. >>

I sympathize with Andre. It can be so frustrating trying to find PC layouts,
models for one to follow or modify. Most often heard comment is that it's
impossible to do without visiting the land, etc.

Well, it seems to me that certain patterns, land structures repeat
themselves, and thus there might be some PC layout ideas I might consider, or
want to adapt.

For example I live in south central Kentucky, where mixed hardwood forest
abound. I have 300+ acres in such woods that ring the property, and lead down
to fairly gently sloped ground at the base of the high hills that continues
across bottom fields to a good sized creek, which is backed up on the West by
limestone based ridge.

Obviously I could provide more details, but am looking for holistic, PC based
development plan that could be gradually phased in.
Comments appreciated. Frank