permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: Permaculture garden design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: Permaculture garden design
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:04:59 -0700

Robert;
I love your posting! Don't imagine that I don't have failures too. Sometimes
I just cannot figure out why a particular species won't work (where it
should!) when it has before in other places. Same thing, flip side: I'll try
failures again in other places/ways, not give up on them the first time.

> Everything doesn't work, 1/3rd of all that I have planted has failed
> to flourish or outright died. But that's OK too, because each of
> those "failures" is itself a lesson, which means it's hardly a failure
> after all.

I myself do not get a "total plan" in my mind; it is much more a process of
developing a "skeleton" (to be metaphorical) of land shape and traffic
pattern, zones and sectors, and then working from that both logically and
intuitively.

-Rick