permaculture - Re: [permaculture] walking away/mulching

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] walking away/mulching
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:59:53 -0400

get some plants in it fast (credit
> to my buddy Rick Valley for pointing this out to me years ago).

Ditto that comment : mulching is part of a strategy - not a "stand alone
application" - if you put in a fast growing cover crop ( I love buckwheat)
you'll shade out errant weed seeds and increase fertility, and give yourself
more mulch which will increase fertility which diminishes the need for
"weeds" to colonize anyway...works like a charm.....

Claude