permaculture - Re: [permaculture] (Fwd) Interview with Bill Mollison Part Two

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] (Fwd) Interview with Bill Mollison Part Two
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:15:22 +0200

> > > sounds like basic social skills and common sense to me -
things
> > > permies are supposed to be strong in.
> >
> >Since when? And why? For some reason I'm reminded of the '97
N. CA PC
> >course blowout... ;-)
>
> I think the key phrase there may be "supposed to be." :)

you sure got that darn thing right, loren (to exercise one of my
texanisms ;o) - pc is applied common sense - pc is about useful
connections and constructive interactions - and pc is about
subsistence, which is a local/regional phenomenon - so anyone
labeling themselves 'permaculturist' and does not have at least
basic social skills and the ability to apply common sense is a
fake in my eyes. so yes, 'supposed to be...'

georg